It’s a good idea to get your teeth cleaned professionally on a regular basis to keep your mouth healthy and prevent gingivitis and cavities. Dental hygiene is one of our specialties, and one of our most commonly performed procedures. Our full-time Registered Dental Hygienist, Monique, is well liked by our patients, and is passionate about providing patients with the most relaxing, thorough cleaning experience they are going to find in the San Diego area. To learn more about Monique and our other staff members, please see Our Staff.
Why Is Good Oral Hygiene So Important?
Getting your teeth cleaned professionally can help you in the following ways:
- Prevent gingivitis (gum disease): Regular cleanings not only get plaque off of your teeth, but also your gums. Gingivitis is an incredibly common infection which can affect both your gum tissues and bones. Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss in adults. Regular cleanings prevent gum disease, and also help you catch it early. If we diagnose gingivitis early, it can be reversed before complications ensue. You will keep more of your adult teeth if you prevent gum disease. The older you get, the more important dental cleanings are.
- Discover cavities: No one likes finding out they have a cavity, but nothing is worse than leaving your cavities unchecked. A cavity which is ignored can turn from a minor problem into a major one. By catching your cavities early, we are able to get them filled before you need to take more drastic steps.
- Keep your smile bright: Dental hygiene is a great way to keep your teeth from developing gray and yellow stains and losing their shine. If your teeth are already very yellowed, you might consider our San Diego zoom whitening services.
- Prevent oral cancer: Oral cancer, like gum disease, is generally easy to treat if it is detected early. Your dental hygienist can detect early signs of oral cancer. Getting your teeth cleaned regularly can help you catch it early, increasing your odds of a fast and effective cure.
- Use your dental insurance: If you have a dental insurance plan, odds are that it already covers the full cost or most of the cost of cleanings already. Many dental plans allow you to get your teeth cleaned once a year, or even every six months. You’ll actually save money over time if you use your insurance, since it is basically paying for you to prevent gum disease and other oral health problems. Those problems are much more expensive to treat if they aren’t caught until later.
As your San Diego dental hygienist, we can catch gingivitis, cavities, and other oral health issues before they develop complications. By keeping your teeth clean, we can prevent problems like these from forming in the first place, especially if you keep your cleaning appointments regularly. Ready to schedule your first appointment? Then call us today at (619) 285-1200. We look forward to your San Diego dental cleaning!