Prosthodontic procedures comprise many of the most important procedures in general and restorative dentistry. If you are looking for a San Diego prosthodontist, look no further than Dr. Lynne A. March and her team. Dr. March can perform a variety of prosthodontic dental procedures that will help you improve the health and appearance of your teeth. Some of her specialties include:
- Crowns: This is one of the most common procedures in restorative dentistry. Sometimes a large cavity cannot be contained with a standard filling. In these situations, a crown is needed to protect the health of the tooth and also to correct bite and appearance.
- Bridges: Dental bridges are used to fill in gaps where patients are missing teeth. If you have missing teeth, not only does it reflect poorly in your appearance, but it can make it difficult to chew your food. A bridge can correct your bite, and fill in your smile. A bridge, unlike a denture, is a permanent fixture in your mouth. Bridges are less expensive than implants, but fulfill the same purpose.
- Implants: If you’re looking for the best dental implants in San Diego, you’ve come to the right place. Dental implants can be used to replace missing teeth. They look and feel just like your real teeth do, and in many ways are superior to bridges and dentures. They cost a bit more, but when you see your flawless smile restored, you will love what you see in the mirror every day.
- Partials: These dentures are yet another alternative to bridges. A partial is removable, and in that sense, functions more like a retainer. This is a great inexpensive alternative to a bridge or dental implant if you have missing teeth.
- Full mouth rehabilitation: Full mouth restoration is often used when a number of procedures are needed to improve the appearance of your teeth. This is a great choice if your teeth are damaged or you have several missing teeth. Full mouth rehabilitation in San Diego may involve a combination of crowns, implants, bridges, veneers, and other procedures.
When you come in to see us, we will provide you with our top recommendations for prosthodontic procedures based on the condition of your teeth and your goals for your smile. Prosthodontics can be confusing to many customers, who may confuse bridges with partials and dental implants. There are advantages and disadvantages to each, and we are here to clarify for you and answer any questions you might have. We take pride in providing the very best customer service we can to our patients, which is one of the reasons Dr. March is rated as the top dentist in San Diego. We use the most cutting-edge dental procedures to keep your visits fast and pain-free.
If you are ready to discuss your dental needs and talk about your options for prosthodontic procedures, then give us a call at (619) 285-1200. We look forward to consulting with you about your smile and helping you to find the best solution to your needs.